Access to Work
The Access to Work programme is a Department for Work and Pensions to provide and pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition to help you:
- Start work
- Stay in work
- Move into self-employment or start a business.
To be eligible for the Access to Work Programme you must:
- Have a disability, health condition or mental health condition that affects your work
- Be 16 or over
- Live in England, Scotland or Wales.
One of the following must apply:
- You have a paid job
- You’re self-employed
- You have a job interview
- You’re about to start a Job or work trial
- You’re starting work experience
You cannot get the grant for voluntary work.
Your Disability, health condition or mental health condition must either:
- Affect your ability to do a job
- Mean you have to pay work-related costs, for example special computer equipment, or travel costs because you can’t use public transport.
- It must be either likely to last at least a year, or have lasted at least a year already.
- Mean you need support to start a new job, reduce absence from work or stay In work.
Access Training carry our holistic assessments on behalf of 3SC taking into account factors that impact on an individual’s employment. During these assessments, we suggest a range of solutions to suit the individual’s needs and help them to overcome their barriers within the workplace.
Working in Partnership with: