Access Training (SW) Ltd is a registered umbrella body for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) providing efficient, friendly and cost effective DBS checks throughout the UK. The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) helps employers make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with vulnerable groups, including children. It replaces the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA). DBS eligibility criteria is strictly regulated by the law and checks can only be obtained for certain roles.
What are DBS checks?
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks enable employers to make safer recruitment decisions by identifying candidates who may be unsuitable for certain work, especially work that involves children or vulnerable adults. Access Training is a certified DBS Umbrella Body and offers the following services:
- Checking and validating information provided to establish the true identity of applicants
- Offering applicants free information and advice to ensure that their application form is fully completed and the information it contains is accurate
- Countersigning applications to confirm the organisation has an entitlement to access criminal record information
- Aiming to process DBS disclosure applications within 2 business days
- Ensuring all our applicants’ forms are safe and secure to maintain confidentiality
There are two types of checks that Access Training can provide:
- A Standard Disclosure is primarily available to anyone involved in working with children or vulnerable adults, as well as certain other occupations and entry into professions as specified in the Exceptions Order to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974. Standard Disclosures will reveal applicants current and spent convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings.
- An Enhanced Disclosure is the highest level of check available. They contain the same information as the Standard Disclosure but with the addition of any relevant and proportionate information held by the local police forces.