This project aims to support young people throughout Cornwall, aged between 15 and 24, into education, training or employment (learning options). The project works with a group of specially selected providers, colleges and other organisations to ensure that young people are able to access support to assist them to re-engage with education or support them to enter employment. This project has been designed to address the issues and challenges that young people face when trying to find employment or remain in an educational setting.
To be eligible for this project, participants must be:
- Aged between 15 and 24,
- Have the right to live and work in the UK and be living within the project area (Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly).
- Unemployed – this means that you are currently without work and actively seeking work and may be in receipt of benefits
- Economically inactive – this means that you are currently without work and not looking for work due to other reasons e.g. health, caring responsibilities, full time student
Through participating in the project, individuals can expect to be moved further towards the labour market or into a job. Activities that we would expect participants to participate in would include:
- Careers information advice and guidance
- Peer Mentoring
- Volunteering and Work Experience opportunities,
- Specialist Support for those with SEND
- Debt, benefits, housing, advice
- And much, much more!
The Ambitions project supports unemployed or inactive 15 – 24 year olds in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly to help them progress into education, employment or training. Ambitions is fully funded by the European Social Fund.